View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 07:44 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Todd is kiddin ofcourse, but i do have a procedure, not saying that it's right, but kinda a safty and feel comfortable about the engine. All liquids full and double checked. Put the car on jack stands, fire the car up start the engine set correct timming. If injectected make sure the leakdown i set close to specs. About 22lbs to start with. put the car in high gear, set the idle to 2,000 rpm's. Let it run until the temp. comes up to 200 degrees while checking for any visible leaks Shut the car down, pull the valve covers and re-torque the heads, then re-set the valves, check the intake bolts and header bolts. Pull the filter and cut it open look for any metal or any foreign mat'l. Install a new filter and re-fill oil. If everything is o'k, then you are ready to go. I'm not saying this is the only way to go, but it's one of the safest way to go. I too have bolted them together and went straight to the track, and have had good luck doing that, but that was when i could afford to screw up. I cannot afford to do that any more so i take precausions, and it pays off in the long run. I always know i can run balls out when i get to the track and not worry if i missed something.

JMO

Zip.