Thread: powerglide ?'s
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 10:41 PM
sp2816
MASTER BUILDER

When the turbo bushing is installed, the end of the front pump stator is machined and it is installed in the end. So, you should be able to see it when you pulled the input shaft out. I have not run that bushing, and have yet to have a problem.

On the shifter lever, make sure that you have the correct one for the type of shifter that you are using. Some have 2 holes, one for the B&M and one for the Hurst. Others just have a single hole. I had to purchase a completely different lever for the QuarterPro shifter.

The reason that I suggest the dual ring servo is because in 1st gear fluid pushes in on the servo and applies the band. But when you shift to high gear, the fluid pushes on the inside of the servo to disengage the band and also applies the high gear clutches. If the servo ring leaks too much, you can lose pressure to the clutches. You should be able to get by without it, but it is a minor upgrade.

It sounds like you have a good core transmission, and if the clutches and seals are good it should give you some good service. Just make sure about the clutch hub.

Bill M