Old 06-04-2009, 07:44 PM
bowtie4542001
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by hotrodharley
i also got a car out of Alabama with only a bill of sale..my state[nv.]wouldn't even look at bill-of-sale..nv. dmv says bill-of-sale isn't worth paper it is on..in nv. you can get the towing companys to get a title for you but got to take car to there tow lot.they report car as abbanded[i know miss spelled this]they then hold car for up to 90 days and have to run ads nation wide to make sure no one claims car..if not then DMV issues a new title[savage title]to tow company..once that is done then they charge you $400.00 to get your car back and a savage title for it..it is a big mess in nv. to get a car with no title or just a bill-of-sell..matter of fact they told me at DMV that it is illagal to have a car without title and they can inpound car..no body in nv. will buy car without titles..i know i'll never do it again...good luck on getting a title.every state is differant..
Thanks HotRod, I can get the car registered in Ga with just a bill of sale, I am going to go there tomorrow and see if they issue a title for the car. Will let yall know what happens, with me luck.
Chris