View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 09:20 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Default MAGNAFLOW FUEL PUMP

I have a MAGNAFLOW Pro Star 500 pump on my Nova. Back in 2008 we had a horrible flood here and water was up past the floorpans in my car. The only thing that saved the engine is I had it jacked up in the front working on the brakes.

The fuel pump is mounted under the car so it was completely submerged. After the flood it still worked just fine. I did not run my car at all last year or this year. It has been sitting but I did start it up last Spring. Well, after sitting all summer I tried to get it out this weekend and the fuel pump would not run. I found a fuse blown. As soon as I change the fuse it blows and the pump never runs. So I cut the wires and wired it directly to the battery with an inline fuse on the positive side.It still blows and the pump will not run. SO my assumption is the pump is locked up or the electric part of it is anyway. Does anyone know if I can have this pump rebuilt or am I stuck buying a new one?

I know they are called Magna Fuel now but when I bought mine they were magnaflow. This pump has very little actual run time on it so it isn't worn out just damaged from the flood.

Thanks