View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 06:23 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Sorry to be the dog in the wood pile, but you are not making $'s and sense on this one. First you have a $9,000.00 motor, now you want too spend $8,000.00 on a EFI, now another $1,500.00 to $2,000 on changing the pistons, which you cannot do without tearing the motor down and rebalancing it. That makes it a $20,000.oo motor which you may or may not be happy with. Alcohol likes lots of compression, your street blower will only put out 6 to 8 lbs. of boost even with over drive on that big of a motor. I know you are obsessed with running the blower and that's cool. My suggestion is if you want too run EFI is too take the rotors out of the blower, and it would still look like you are running a blower and run it on gas, that's one suggestion the other is to sell your holly carbs and put Quadrujets on the system that you have, for less than a $1,000.00. I lived in Az for over 20 yrs. and had friends that belonged too a desart hillclimb/rock crawling club. No one ran holly's because they simply did not work, but Quadrujets do. I'm talking about 45 degree inclines up and down hill over rocks and bolders, etc. In Flagstaf Az. they have at the cinders a hill called $100.00 hill, and when i was there no one made it with holly carbs.

Zip.