View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 06:05 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

The news has be reporting that the part in question was made in an American factory. Did you hear the recall includes the Ponitac Vibe? If I may ask, What do you drive? I have a Chevy 2500hd and a Pontiac Aztek. Couldn't tell you where the truck came from. I think the Pontiac was built in Mexico.

If I understand you, you would buy a vehicle built overseas that is shipped here and had a big three emblem hung on it. Even though it only employs truck drivers that haul them to the dealers and salesmen.

You would NOT buy a vehicle with a "foreign" emblem that is made here. Even though it employed the contractors that built the plant, the people who build the cars, car shippers, parts shippers to the plant, factories that supply parts, salesmen, the local busnesses that the factory employees buy from, the power companies that supply power to run the factory, the water company, other utilites, raw material suppliers, and many more.

I have no interest in driving a "foreign" car. I live in a small town and it would be 45 min drive to get it serviced by a dealer. Parts are harder to get here also.

Ever park a Ford Ranger next to a Mazda pickup? They are the same vehicle. Just like a Vibe and a Matrix I believe.

My brother works in a repair shop. A guy came in there making a big deal about buying American made tires. That is a good thing to do. It keeps Americans working. BUT my brother got tired of his rant and asked him, Why make a big deal about the tires when you are driving a foreign car? He said "I'm not it's American, It's Pontiac" My brother took the guy outside, popped the hood and showed him where it was made. It might say made by Toyota, I'm not sure on that. Needless to say the guy was pissed that his salesman didn't tell him. i say it's his fault for not doing a little research before making a big purchase.