View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 03:45 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

Default pretty red header

ok guys im about to give up here and do something ive rarely ever done .let someone else fiqure out this and pay them. got a strong built 383.11.1 compression, 520/520 cam. aluminum heads roller rockers.tunnelram, 2 600 edelbrock carbs.thing runs super strong. it suprised even me and i built it.this car has all the go fast goodies you can think of.mallory dist,i think its mallory. 6al box and alot more crap. heres the problem. i got a header than glows after about 4/ 5 min. after crank up.on the pass. side not both. ive checked timing and a few other things i cant remember right now. someone throw out some ideas for me. im totally lost here for some reason.if it were timing wouldnt both sides be a pretty red color not just one .could one side be running too lean. if so how would i check that out on these edelbrocks.i looked at the plugs they seem to look ok. HELP ME. im drowning here.damn i hate this damn brain damage.as many sbc ive built over the yrs i now got to look up the damn firing order every time i pull the wires.cant remember shi-!!!! help.lol