View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 07:52 AM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

Bill,
Thanks for the info. I have never worked with one of those blocks, so I thought they were wet sleeve blocks.

A question that is in line with what you just posted about the head stud thread engagement. I have a Ford Aluminum BB here now that is a little strange. The head studs are supposed to be 10 of one size and 10 a little shorter, with both being a 9/16 course thread in the block.

Problem is that evidently the block was messed up and this thing as studs for three of the holes on one side that are all different lengths. It gets worse. I can for sure tell that one of the holes is more shallow than the others and that head has a Heli-Coil Thread in it, starting just below the deck. One of the holes had a short thread that allowed appx an inch of stud thread engagement of the stud with the remaining threads above that ground off to not interfer with head gasket and head.

So Bottom line, if you know. With an Allan Root Ford Motorsports Aluminum Block for the A Heads with ten bolts on each side, What do you feel should be the minimum thread stud engaagement on the two studs I am talking about? This will have tons of cylinder pressure at 602 cu in and shooting appx 500 shot of nitrous.

Ed