View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 04:31 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Default Gas vs. Alcohol on street

I have a 427 with an Enderle birdcatcher, it came off of a rail that supposedly ran 5.11s. I have no idea what the specs are on any of the internals, the heads are cast 3919840, would like to run around 4k stall, pg tranny, 9 inch rear, around 486 gears. I intend on freshening it up before installing it in my '53 Belair, so any top end set up suggestions would be great. I have heard it run, sounded great, sounded like a 5 second motor!! This is my first big block and alky experience, I will need some bits of wisdom and some "been there done that advice" here, since I know very little of either. I need to know if I can run this set up on the street with Vintage Air without any problems? I have no trouble with switching to gas, if that is the case I want to run two fours(750 Holley) on top of the Edelbrock in the picture. Any input would be greatly appreciated!! I added a picture of the set up on my profile, I haven't quite figured out how to put them on here yet. Thanks for reading this. Rudy
Oh yeah, Olds48 is a good dude, he sold me an intake that will work perfect for me! Thanks Eric!!