View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 07:35 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

And lemme say this about that . .

In our "New" world, don't EVER admit to owning a gun publicly.

For several reasons. There's a lot of ears tuned in to those magic words; "Rifle, Pistol, Gun, Handgun, Firearm, etc." for a lot of reasons.

The first is totally obvious. Thieves. Guns are fungible goods that can be turned into cash quicker than you can print it. Thieves and their buddies hang around Bars, Gun Stores, and other places "Good Ole Boys" hang out and talk. And they listen. And if you're really proud of all those guns y'got and talk about it, sooner or later you're gonna come home and find somebody else has inventoried your belongings and took what's valuable. Nothing like owning a gun you no longer have . . Keep your serial numbers written down and in two different places. A buddy of mine said, "Yeah I keep all my gun's numbers in a "Master List" in my computer. Along with his guns, the computer will go out the door, so that's not good. . Keep a list on a flash drive at your job, or a relative's home. That way if they clean you out, or you have a fire, you've still got your home's inventory.

Been there, done that . . .

The next reason is probably just as obvious. If your neighbors know you have a bunch of guns, and the guys at the bar or Gun Store know this, then the Feds might want to know also. And because we don't have a National Gun registry (yet) they will have to find out who's armed and who's not by heresay . .

Talking about ownership or "Right To Own" is two different things . . . And on the 'Net, everybody's listening . . .