View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 08:42 AM
sterry571
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by jmarksdragster
The cam sync is only for timing control on individual cylinders. What distributor and do you use a crank trigger? Are you using a 4/7 swap cam? Take the time to hook up and check the settings on the 7. 10 degrees start retard is no problem, I run 20 on mine.
well i got it running it is just cold natured as hell. if you pump the gas 2 times it will flame up through thte carb if you pump it 4 times it will fire up everytime. now i have a problem with it idleing i cant keep it running under 3000 rpm or it will cut off. the engine was dynoed and hasnt been touched since so the carb and timing was set then. we ran it for over a minute and it still wont come down to a idle. im not shure if when it flamed up maybe it did sone damage to the carb. or maybe becuase after i had the motor built it sat in my shop for a year maybe something is sticking in the carb. also i have a issue wuth my fuel pump making a fluttwering sound. its a magnafuel 300 and im using magnafuel regulators. the pump is pumping fuel but will start to vibrate really bad, the pressue is showing its fine at 7psi . could this be a probelm with the pump?