View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 05:30 AM
kbartley
EXPERT BUILDER

Default anyone had this happen

I watched the first 10 seconds of that clip & then X'd out of it. Memories!!! I dont know if you guys & gals have noticed but there is not one fire extinguisher at the other end of YOURE track's either. Not to mention, rescue squad(s). I've noticed this mostly on the 1/8th mi. tracks. If you say anything, you hear, THE AMBULANCE & FIRE DEPT. IS 1 MILE UP THE ROAD, YOU PROBABLY PASSED IT ON YOURE WAY HERE. EXAMPLE: I had a blower come apart which ruptered a fuel line(ALKY) about 100' from the stripe. The fire was horrible, my onboard system was not enough. 5lb. bottles suck. I had to reach for my bottle inside the car. By the time the fire truck came I was getting 3rd degree burns. Could of been avoided, I know. The car WAS a full chassis vega. So thats why I have Front Engine Dragsters now because I need to see what is about to happen. This happened many yrs. ago, first time didnt make me sick to talk about it. Was always scared to try Nitrous, still think you have to be a rocketscientist to use it correctly.