View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 04:45 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by davis419b
(f i had my druthers on alcohol..it would be a front mounted cell with a mechancial pump...) Brian...... I am so happy to finally hear you say that! You have been making it look like an electric pump was the way to go on alcohol with a carb. Don
Don with all respect i DONT THINK THAT ARGUMENT WAS WITH ME..LOL...i never advocated one of the other...I only showed and explained that alcohol on an electric pump will work . regardless of theorys....the reason i went with the electric pump set up is because i had it..plus i had no room for a front mounted fuel cell nor did i want the extra expense of the cost of converting mechanical set up....Plus i switch back and forth GAS TO ALCOHOL...

Heck i have owned 4 alcohol blown injected cars ( #3 sub 4 second door cars and #1 high 3 second altered) all front cell mounted cam drive mechanical pumps.its the feesible way..but if you cannot do it this way...what do you do ??..stay away from alcohol altogether ?i am always the one to go the shortest and best route,,

but what i think you read from ME is that a electric fuel pump will work..i never tried to compare the 2 methods...nor have i ever tried to say one would work and one would not ..like some things i have read from other people in the past

there is more than one way do this alcohol to carb thing...and i have run both and both work..one may be more ideal than the other but both still works..

i wanted to clear this up..

my alcohol set up- APD Alcohol 1150 carb,Magnafuel pro-star 500 pump,Magafuel 2 port Reulator....runs fine.........i also flip flop back and forth to gas for street....
and the car is not an all out race car...its a pro-street legal car.

brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "