View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 08:27 AM
topcat572
MASTER BUILDER

Default SURVIVORS

I would like for You guys to see where I live. Have You ever heard of it? My guess is No. We were ground Zero for Katrina. All what You seem to know is what You saw on TV in New Orleans. Yes what You saw did happen, I evacuated in my 18 wheeler with my 36 ft race trailer on my dropdeck. Me and my 3 dogs. I had to leave my crew cab duelly with 45,000 miles and 3 payments left. Yes I got the $2300.00 that most did receive, and most that did not leave either farther north. I had no insurance because this happened to me before. Insurance rates on a $60,000 double wide is $4800.00 a yr.My Mom had to give up a third to lawyer after 2 yrs. I felt for the tornado guy who bathed for 4 days out a jug, I did it for 4 months. 4 months to get running water and 8 months to get electric. Over a yr for phones and my dial up service. I lived in my truck with the dogs for 8 months. I now live in a 45 ft van trailer. I had a generator, but had to drive over 50 miles 1 way to get gas and mail. As of today, not even a fire station has been rebuilt. (continued]