View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 12:26 PM
v8Fiero
MASTER BUILDER

Default drag racing stories

what are some of your best drag racing stories? wildest rides, most problems, biggest explosions, most interesting stories that you guys have from drag racing?

I'll start, but its probably not as good as what most of you have...

well, the first time that I took my v8 fiero to the track I blew up the stock 100k mile tranny on the first run launching at 2k rpm, I didn't even trip the lights on the tree, there was chunks of spider gear and oil all over the starting line, lol the track owner didn't like me very much that day... but it was a pretty small track that wasn't very popular that particular day and I knew most of the employees on a first name basis so I was able to talk them into letting me race my tow truck down the track since they felt bad about the fiero. So I was able to pull off a 23 sec run with a fully loaded down (spare tires, all of my strip tools, etc) pickup truck. anyway, not sure why I felt the urge to find out how fast the truck could go, but I guess I just needed a run down the track that day, that was the first and last race of the season for me.