View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 10:36 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Not to alarm you but

Originally Posted by Scorpion1110
I agree your response was amusing, but I believe its better just to click the spam button on your email and delete-why?

Every time you respond to one of those scams, you have given them a bit of info-They now know its an active email address. They might have your name. They may have logged your ip address if its static and you dont use dial-up, and there are databases which can add supplementary info, on IP and registered users.

The internet makes finding info pretty darn easy.

Now I am not necessarily talking about identity theft, but if a scammer has enough info, they will use it to perpetuate the scam.

The best advice with these is to report to the moderator wherever possible, code as spam and then delete-Just becuase the English is awkward or the grammar suspect, does not make these people stupid.

Resist the temptation to play with them, protect yourself and let them fish elsewhere.

My two cents only,

later.
Interesting, Your a pretty fart smeller, I mean pretty smart fellar scorpion.....lol
I never really thought I was doing myself any harm or perpetuating the scam by playing with them back, next time I'll know what to do and move along.

Thx, Charles