View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 06:20 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hotrod1994
its driven on the street too 5200 is a little much isnt it?

yes its way too much...the calculator is on a broad guideline its not 100% sometimes not even close...it has no way of knowing how your engine performs or transfers hp/tq thru the chassis to the rear tires...the traction itself leaves a big question Mark ?? even the brand of tires could throw off the formula.Just too many variables for it to be accurate...trust me I have seen guys run much slower and faster ET'S and Mph's then the calculator shows they should have run.. etc...

If you put a 3,000 rated converter in your 3700 lb car its probably gonna have a little more flash to it. it also has a lot to do with your camshaft.

If you have not purchased your converter yet...Do not purchase an off the shelf converter..

You need to call and have a converter built to the specs of your engine, rear end ratio's etc...

If your stuff is already together 4.88 gear etc... go and run it now and see what its turning thru the traps in high gear.

YOUR NOT AND I REPEAT YOUR NOT gonna slap off the shelf parts in there and run on the numbers...trust me on this and save yourself a bunch of $$$ and headache..do it right the 1st time...all its gonna cost you is a little more time a research

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "