Thread: nos
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 02:41 PM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Rabbit's partial Post:
It's easy to get by with 100 to 200hp of it and have fun with it. However even that will find the weak links such as driveshafts, axles, u joints, etc. Popular thing around here is to buy a used 6.0 chevy and put a ton of nitrous on it till she blows. They're tuff, cheap motors and the guys usually just laugh when they come apart.
Nothing is more fun than having a motor that you don't care if it blows up or not.
While it might be just about the funniest thing one of those guys did, did they go back in the staging lanes and ask any of those who'll sit in the lanes for up to an hour while their mess gets mopped up how really funny it was? Probably not. Especially the guys with big tires and HP . .

Gotta tell you, from both a former track manager's place and as a racer, nothing pisses me off more than a dick who takes a grenade out on a pass he knows may seal coat the track . . Personally, I always want to mop a 125° race track with the guy who oiled it and then acted like he really didn't give a shit!

I'm not talking down to anyone, but if people really care about their fellow racers, they just don't do that stuff!