View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 11:35 AM
lodilobo
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default Gz motorsports blows

Okay...I always buy new parts...nothing cheap when I'm building a ptoject. I bought a brand new Vacuum pump from GZ...somebody on a forum said they were pretty good....definitely pricey. It seems to be working fine...no complaints. So, I decide to buy one of their "racing alternators"...120 amp. It's not charging, so I email them, call them, and they tell me to take it to a local repair place and have it tested. I knew it wasn't working....if it's spinning and is a one wire hook up, and is staying at 11.5 volts, I have to say it's not working. So, I run out to Summit, and buy a new MSD unit...install it, and it works fine. Then I take the GZ unit to auto zone to test it....of course it fails. The thing about Auto Zone clerks is that they always want a part #, or the type of car it is for. Well...being a race car with hundreds of different parts that wouldn't apply, that's impossible. But, they check the tag on the new GZ alternator and tell me...this is a John Deere unit. Retail cost is $129.00. I paid them $300.00 plus shipping. I email GZ and let them know the unit is bad, and they say "sorry we don't warranty electrical parts...you probably wired it incorrectly, causing a spike, and fried the internal voltage regulator". Anyway...am I being a prick by letting everyone on this forum and others know that GZ sucks? Possibly...but the thing about a small business is that you have to have good customer service relations or you lose customers. I would think twice before ordering anything from these crooks. I use a lot of MSD stuff, and have had some problems with a few things...but...I never had a problem returning a defective part..starters, ignition boxes, etc.