View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 01:21 PM
kod99
MASTER BUILDER

Default Ron's Terminator - Need help!

I put a 1060 Ron's terminator on my 598 BBC this spring and I have had nothing but grief trying to get it set up properly. I am running an Enderle 80A-1 pump (supposedly 7.0 GPM) and at idle (1600 RPM) it is putting out about 20 psi. At 7000 RPM it is putting out about 160 psi.
I have tried nearly every pill (60 to 100) and nozzle (37 to 39) combination I have and the car always has the same problem.
I roll through the water box and do my burnout at 6000 RPM, when I release the throttle, the car stalls. I can feather the throttle to keep it running and back up and stage. As soon as I hit the transbrake (the starting line enhancer takes over, drops the accelerator to the floor and keep the engine at an idle) I have no throttle control at this time because of the SLE and the car stalls. I have put it up on the jack stands in the pits and it idles fine until I put the engine under load (hold the brake and put it in gear), then it stalls. I sent the pump out to be flow tested and i'm waiting for the results. Maybe the pump is weak at low RPMs? The drive ratio on the pump is 2:1 (half as fast as the crank).
I have checked the leakdown on the barrel vlave and it's 28%.
I have sent all the engine specs to both Ron Munroe (who didn't get back to me) and the tech guys at Ron's Fuel. I have followed their recommendations and the results are the same. I have changed all hoses and fittings. My suction is 12 AN and my discharge is 8 AN. I have tried it with and without a high speed by-pass set for 50 psi. Results are the same. At the top end, when I take my foot out of it, it stalls.
Does anybody have any ideas? I am baffled! Thanks.

One other question:
I know Hilborn pills and Ron's pills are the same. Can I get Ron's injection nozzles from any other manufacturer? I live in Canada and Ron's won't ship USPS, only UPS which charges a huge brokerage fee. Also Ron's charges an "international surcharge" of $25 to each order. They shipped a small package to me (set of jets, some pills and a high speed bypass) and the shipping came to over $70!!