View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 02:59 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Default Update

Well i got lucky, dodged the bullit, i was up all nite, and watching everything, it finally stoped raining about noon today and the water is reciding. the water came within 1" of comming into the house Whew!!! but it didn't. I still have 4 to 6" of water in the yard and i haven't been out to the shop yet( no wadders in the house. But when it got light enough to see this morning i could still see 3 to 4' of the foundation at bottom of the shop walls. It's higher by about 8" than the lowest level of the house, so i think i got lucky there. I still can't see the 4ft sq. culvert at the cornor of my yard, but the water is going thru it. The whole yard looks like a trout stream heading to that culvert. To say i was concerned is an under statement, since i had my rental property flood 2 times this spring up in Miss. costing me well over $5,000.00 to fix and no flood insurance, because it's in a flood zone. Some of you know SS doesn't pay that much, so it's put a serious damper on my racing this yr. But i shall return :twisted: i didn't get this old by not being a fighter. :lol:

Zip.