View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 07:21 AM
hotrodharley
EXPERT BUILDER

thanks everyone for the inputs;;please keep them coming;;on subject of heads..i sent them in to a highly recomemded machine shop that has a newer up-to-date flow bench;;they did some porting/and other stuff to heads;;not sure exactly what all was done but to give a better ideal on what was done on them..they said they had a roughly 3 stages of porting and flowing;;1st--strip &strip[weekend warrior]job[said wouldn't be even close to what i needed;;2nd--was a race only type job[for something that was going to race only and do it to win]3rd;;was for trying to get every drop of HP out of them but be on the edge of what heads would handle..
with my other eng specs we decided on the 2nd job;;

don't know if this helps or changes the decision on what gears or not

when i first started this build it was going to be used mainly car shows and cruise-ins and raced now and then..have way though build i decided it was a waste sitting at car shows and wanted to use it for what i really wanted to do and that was drag race..i'd already built rearend with 4;88 street/strip richmound gears..every telling me with my engine i'd better so with pro gears..since car won't see any street and just race i'm going with the pro gears but trying to just do it[change gears]once..
sorry for such long post but more details you have then i feel better chances of getting right answers;;
thanks for your help
Don