View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 06:44 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I pressure washed the engine compartment the best I could just to get the heavy grease and gunk off the motor and surrounding areas, here is before

Here is after, looks a little better and less dirty to work on

Installed a new distributor cap and rotor along with a PCV valve. Cap and rotor looked original and the slight stutter went away after swapping them out
Motor is incredibly quiet, been a while since I have owned a peaceful car, gonna have to fix that soon!
Good news is the car was Ziebarted, bad news is the car was Ziebarted very fricking well and you can see in the pics the inner fenders and firewall was sprayed heavily with rustproof. This stuff just doesn't blast off with water so if I want to repaint the engine compartment I will probably have to take the front clip off and do some sandblasting on the parts involved. You can see the spray on the inner fenders in this pic, it looks really dirty but this was after I pressure washed it

The front seats went to the upholstery shop to install new seat bottom covers, the rest all looks good
I ordered online yesterday touch up paint, front marker chrome, original owners manual, rear package tray kit, rubber bumper kit for all over the car, new coolant overflow jug and a 3 piece front spoiler kit. All that should keep me busy till the seats get back.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...