View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 11:44 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

You really won't see any noticable difference from using better quality cap and rotor, but rather upgrading to a higher output coil and performance module will give you more complete combustion which in turn creats more power, and LESS emissions like hydrocarbons which is unburned fuel. You can upgrade your existing distributor with some 50 state legal stuff made by everybody that makes electrical cpmponents like MSD or Mallory or Petronix, Davis Unified Ignition, take your pick but I would waste my time on a accel, sorry kinda cheapo to me, or you buy a drop in unit for a few more bucks.
If it was me I 'd go with a turn key job and save the time and hassel but if your one of those kinda people who likes all the hands on stuff you'll probably opt to do it yourself. But keep in mind your dist is probably old and in need of other attention too, like worn bushings etc, so a drop in unit would be looking pretty good to me.
Here's a good one and I didnt see anywhere in the add that it couldnt be used in cali car, But I'd call and verify first.

http://pertronix.carshopinc.com/prod...id/68986/D1000

Goodluck, Charles