Thread: olds
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 03:46 AM
TopspeedLowet
DYNO OPERATOR

Thank you Charlie, Just to give race junkers some foundation to my comment. I know Dick as well, and have been to his house in Jackson MI prior to his divorce several years back. I agree that Dick is a real nice guy, just not an engine builder or suspension expert of any sort. When he drove his high 10 second tube chassis cutlass in the the wall at norwalk raceway park in 95,96? with a passenger in the car that won Dicks contest to ride in his car. I did win the pro no box category that year. Dick had no idea why his tube chassis light weight car drove left into the wall 100' out with a 180# passenger in the car? What, are you serious, you don't know why the left turn. Any how, these are Dicks roots in the race car business. The parts he sells are common pieces available at jegs or = and is just another retailer of parts like summit is. He can win the points for the next 10 years and that would not make him a more knowledgeable engine builder. Best I can tell his knowledge is mostly in computer tec as he advertises on his own site, go figure. Again, Nice guy, computer expert, car enthuseis, parts retailer, not a olds performance guru by any stretch.
Bruce