View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 07:27 AM
mrmopar622
JUNIOR BUILDER

hammertime,Sorry the print is so small,I did not know how to enlarge it,but they are full pulls when a engine starts to drop horse-power there is no need to keep going higher on the RPM. After 6400 RPM the engine started losing Horse-Power. I'm like you I think it should have kept making hp till @ least 7200-7400 RPM but it would not,those are the best pulls out of the 10 that was made,we did turn it up to 7,000 RPM's to see if it would start to pick the hp back up and it did not. And I also agree with you a 565 should be in the 950 hp range.If it would have made in the 1,050-1,075 hp range it would not have been made the horse-power I wanted or what Naylor said it would make,and that would have not been so bad.Heck I would have chalked it up to no dyno is going to be the same,but 153 hp less and a engine that like you said should make hp up to the mid 7,000 RPM but starts losing hp after 6400 RPM.The intake had to come off because it was not getting oil to the rockers & the intake ports looked like the exhaust ports they had not been touched,it appears they just put the engine together with very little-no machine work.
Would anyone else on here be happy if the 1100+hp engine they paid Naylor to build(I told him I wanted a engine that would make 1100+hp and he choose the parts and give me a quote for what he would build it for,I did not ask or try to get him to lower the price paid him what he asked)and it only made 947 hp?Would any other Honest engine builder have made it right? I will buy into the fact anyone can make a mistake,but if they do shouldn't they make it right? Well I would have thought Naylor(ProAction Heads)would have also,"BUT THEY DID NOT"!

PS I made a mistake after we got a base line on the tune up we turned it to 7400 not 7000 and it lost 19 hp.