View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 06:16 AM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

You guys with your dads, cherish each day he is around, they dont stick around forever... my dad passed away in 2000, I sure miss him.....I worked with him in construction for 15 years, he sure taught me a lot...
great guy, always gave good advice....

I am trying to be the best dad i can be for my daughter who is now 20, great kid by the way she is doing good, likes these "noisy cars" and good ol' rock and roll music.... but it is tough to be a part time dad...

anyway, I remember my dad, in 1976, I had a 1975 camaro rally sport only a year or so old, a real dog in those days, 350 quadrajet, 4 speed saginaw and 3.08 posi gears.
I put a 350 LT-1, munci, 410 gears, headers, noisy mufflers, got it to the track and running mid 13s.
I remember my dad always saying to me.... "Son... what the hell are doing ruining a perfectly good car? Are you crazy?" :shock:
Awe, dads.... some just do not understand this passion we have for cars, maybe we all are a little crazy.
He never did understand , but he always said, at least my boy is not on drugs or hanging out in bars...

Happy fathers day to all the dads, dads of dads and soon to be dads.....