Thread: Timing Chain
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 07:43 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I've got a Comp belt drive on my 434" with .734 lift with 1.6 rockers, about $360.00,i have not run it yet so i don't know how it will last. But i got a good used jessel too back it up just in case. But to answer your question, every other engine i'm associated with i run (hex-a-just) and 4 of these are 434" motors with the same cam (.689 with 1.5 rockers) I run the hex-a-just because thay are easier to degree in and you can buy replacement parts, IE chains. The are steel billet gears, but with that much lift all chains tent too strech after about 100 passes with 260 to 300lbs seat pressure. I also only run (hex-a-just) on the B/BLKS i put together. cost about $120.00. I only know it works for me, so.

Funny story with Hex-A-Just, i had a bushing crack, so i got on the phone with their tech, whinning. He tells me i must have got a bushing with a bad heat treat,O'K :shock: all he ask for was me to send him a pic of the broken bushing, which i took a digital photo and sent it to him email,he then ask me how many set's of their units do i have running, i told him 7 right now (engines i'm maintaining), next day he sent me 3 new bushings no charge and paid overnite postal. They are $33.00 at NAPA, replacement and $20.00 plus at Jegs.

JMO

Zip.