Thread: Dyno #'s are in
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 05:53 PM
Pwmax
MASTER BUILDER

Nice, that should spin the tires a little. :lol:

Remember a bit ago, about in the thread about 23 degree heads? Where I talk about making power with heads that aren;t supposed to? Well, this is a perfect example, and I am not posting this to steal your thunder, or hyjack the post. But, BMF's are considering by many, the best conventional BBC heads available, and the Sniper intake the same. As a comparision, I have a 580 in the shop, that I did last year, actauly, just ported the heads and intake, on an existing short block. Canfield 350's that I ported, and a Super Vic. that I ported. Tall Deck block, 4.53 bore with 4.5 stroke. Heads were 375cc final port, flowed 438 max cfm, 13.5:1, a cam with .797 intake, .770 ex. before lash With a 1050 carb, for a throttle stop application, it made 952hp at 7100 and 787 ft/lbs at 5500. It was sucking over 2 inches of manifold vacc. With a bigger custom carb, it would have easily made more. I am completely redoing the engine, 598 inch, ported 18 degree Chiefs, Edelbrock single 4 intake, 1250 dominator, that I will tune up a bit, 15:1, a more radical cam, so, it should wake up a bit.

I just want to say I appreciate you posting those numbers. Its always nice to compare numbers from different combos, and, reinforces for me, that my stuff works pretty good compared to the big named guys, again, with castings, that most guys wouldn;t think couldn't hang with the BMF's

Yours should run very hard, and its not overly radical, so, it should make many passes. Thanks

Frank
Advanced Performance
www.get-ap.com