Old 11-29-2007, 04:24 PM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

To: sc646n

I want to show you the very first post you ever made on RJ and then you tell me you were not bashing Steve...You will never convince me you were not..The proof is in the post (read below)...So before you go stepping on anyones tail look at your own words and they are alot stronger than any in this thread.....Also if you think people have nothing better to do than sit around reading forums I would ask this of you, "Isn't that why you posted this"...

sc646n
SHOW GUEST

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:58 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this Steve Ramage the same A$$H@L# that represented himself as R&S Competition Machine in West Babaloon NY.? A couple of years ago he addvertised a 582ci race motor on Race Junk under the name of speed merchant. I talked with him and he told me this was a engine with very low runs that he had removed from his 10.5 Camaro to replace it with a larger motor. He stated that he had freshened it with new rods, pistons and ect. He stated that the motor was as new! When I ask him who did the work he stated that he was a race engine builder and give me a bunch of names of racers he did work for. He also stated he was good friends with Scott Shafiroff and when needed did work for him. We come to a price of $8500.00 and the engine was to be shipped right after recieving my money. 1st thing that happened was it took almost 2 months to get the motor. I called him almost every day and he always had some sort of excuse as to why it was not his fault. I did realize that he was on the East Coast and I was on the West Coast but not 2 months. I expected about 2 weeks at least. When I did get the motor I put it in my dragster right away for a race that weekend. When I was filling the car with water I noted that it seemed to never get full. When I checked the oil I found the oil full of water. I removed the engine and after removing the intake found a hole in the block in the lifter valley. I called Steve and he said this was something they had missed but told me that if I shipped the motor back to them at my expence they would plug this hole. I plugged it myself due to the expense of shipping. Next I put the motor back in the car and started it. At start up it shook so bad that I shut it off for fear of shaking the car apart. Again I contacted Steve and he told me to check the dampner to make sure they had put a internally balanced dampner on it and to also check that I had used the proper flex plate. I did all this and missed my race.(I was #3 in points) I contacted him and again was told that I could ship the motor back to him but due to back log of work he could not promise I would have the motor back to finish the season. Instead I took the engine to a local engine builder Eastco Machine and they disassembled it to find that the engine had not been balanced, The new rods were used, the new pistons were used with cracks in the skirts and the block had a crack in the #4 main that some onr had tryed to weld up. I was told that the motor look like someone had swept the shop floor and used all the garbage to build a motor. I called steve with the findings and faxed him a copy of Eastco Machines report. I called him back after giving him a chance to look the report over and he said he owed me some money for the motor and all my trouble. Needless to say that money never came and when I tryed to contact hin again the phone number was no good. I called Shafiroff and Scott told me that in fact he was a friend of Steves and was even his best man at his wedding but would no never do busness with him. Anyway this is my sob story about the CROOK. Does anyone out in www land have his phone number or address? Im sure I will never get any thing back from him but would take great pride in some how making his life pure HELL!!!!! By the way, Due to him I ended up 32nd in Div. 6 points that year. You can contact me direct at [email protected]