Thread: help
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 12:17 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

[quote="john858"]i have been looking at the way some fuel systems are run & now i have another ? does my bypass reg need to be in front or rear of my carb? thanks for any help,john[/quote

According to most fuel delivery techs the regulator should be in front of the carb. Ive ran both ways though without any trouble. I do agree with David on BG regulators, they seem to fail alot. I have two BG 400 fuel pumps, that I have for back up, and that I just got back from BG, they've always worked good but seem to leak from the weep hole every year. My pride and joy is a 500gph Product Engineering pump with bypass built in, and a Product Engineering Bleed back regulator. It uses nitrous jets on the high side and low side to return just enough fuel to keep the regulator from creeping up in pressure.
Enough bout my junk, I think to make it simple for now have a 250gph and up fuel pump with return built in bypass. And a Magna Flow (or comparable) regulator, they run about $120. Set the fuel pressure at 7psi and go racing. Keep it simple till you get it lined out. After you get it all working right, you might look into using the Rons setup, You cant hardly beat them.