View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 03:45 PM
hilldale
SENIOR BUILDER

Default Re: Old School Modified Wanted

Originally Posted by KKC
Okay, here is what I want to do...

I want to take an old school NASCAR Modified from the 80's and turn it into a hot rod.

Maybe some of you saw the 1935 Chevy Modified that was featured in Hot Rod magazine...

I want to do my theme based on the Vega modifieds that ran in the NE during the late 70's and early 80's. I have a '72 Vega Notchback that I'm going to use for the body of this. I also have a 409 Chevy engine and Richmond 5 speed tranny that I want to use. (You've got to admitt that the old "W" big blocks have a great look, and being it will be exposed, it should make for a better look in this case. It won't need a lot of HP in this 1800lbs car to make it go!) I think that this would make a pretty neat Hot Rod that no one else would have. I'm tired of going to car shows in a Mustang or Camaro where they are a dime a dozen. I want to drive something that is truely different.

What I need is an old school, NON offset chassis (complete as possible) from that era to get started!

If anyone knows of someone that has something like this rotting away in a field somewhere, please let me know.
yes i have found it., i told you something was wrong with you. i was looking for your car part in a field and found your brain kkc.