Thread: oil brand
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 10:51 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I ran Kendal GT also all of my life until they sold out, Brad Penns oil is impossible to buy in my area, the only way to buy it is mail order then pay $20.00 a case for shipping. the only thing i run gas in is my generator, i only run alcohol.
About the small hole in th solid lifters, it's probable a good idea for solid cams, but it can't be done with a street hydraulic lifter cam, especially with a stock oil pump with a 42lb bypass spring.
At the shop i worked for 13 yrs and still do if i need to make something, we have 5 EDM machines ( Electronic discgare machines) 3 of which are wire burners (We make plastic injection molds) we can cut any design in a 6 or 8" heat treated block of steel and the difference from top to bottom will be less than .001. We also have an EDM hole puncher that can put a 1/16" hole thrun an 8" block of steel in less than 10 minutes, so i can do a complete set of lifters with a .015 hole in about 1/2 hr.
I still have the cam that went flat in my El Camino, the next time i up to Ms. where the shop is i'm gonna take it with me nad check the hardness and also the lifters that went flat. I've also got a couple flat tappet racing cams i.m going to check the hardness on them at the same time just for curisity
In the meantime i'll just cross my fingers and hope the new cam in the Elky doesn't go flat.

Zip.