View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 07:06 AM
I972Nova
EXPERT BUILDER

lmao at Clayton Bigsby....

The truck has a flat top 406 with a good set of Dart heads and big solid cam. The tranny is a glide with a brake. The best I have ran with it is 9.87 @ 133. In EXCELLENT air at Bowling Green, Ky.

My Father in law built the truck, and after he passed I started to race it, in his honor. I really like the truck, but at 6'4" 290 its pretty tight in there. My biggest problem with it is the back half job, the truck is VERY flexible and "bunny hops" on a marginal track.
I have Semi-retired the truck to street duty. I was gonna put it on a tube chassis, but that snowballed into making it an extended cab, then that snowballed into black paint. It was at that point I realized the finished product would only barely resemble the truck. So I decided to leave it alone and cruise it to shows and the local burger stand.

When I was in high school, I lowered my first truck a 1982 chevy s10. I took the springs out and cut them and put it all back together. I couldnt get the cotter pins back in the ball joints, so i figured it would be ok for a week or 2 til I could get new ball joints. WOOPS!!

I was on my way to school (running late as usual) I am buzzin down this road about 55 in a 35 when i go around a s type curve in the road and BOOM the ball joint comes apart and I go sailing across the double yellow, over a curb, within inches of a fire hydrant, through a yard, through some bushes and stop about a foot from a 3 story apartment building.

Luckily, I didnt hit anyone or anything, just tore up some grass and bushes.
I got it rigged back together, with my "click click" jack and a key ring cotter key, in about 10 minutes and got the heck out of there. At least when I was late to school I had a good excuse..lol...

This seemed like the right place for that story so there it is...lol....