View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 02:54 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks guys.Everything in the rearend is new.Gears have less then 5 passes and the whole rest of it has less than20-25 passes.I grabbed the pinion and tried to shake it,thought maybe I wasted a bearing,seems tight.Haven't had the center out but the tires roll freely and I don't hear any unusual noises,or have any extra slack,so I believe the rear is okay.Driveshaft has one weight on it,and it is still there.Marked around it with a paint pen for future reference,she'd still hanging on!Tires and tubes SEEM to be okay,if ya'll know how to check for seperation or anything else to look for,let me know,please.Wasted the tranny and had converter gone thru about 15 passes ago,new bearings and all.Not to say it's okay,but I don't think it would have failed that quick.Balance of tires checks out.I don't believe ot's connected with the balance of the engine,cause it doesn't do it at high rpms.It does it at high wheel speeds.And,YES,it does happen down track.Top of 2nd gear.Car runs 6.90@104 in the 1/8,3125lb+my fat 240lb butt=slow ops: . Just a thought,my driveshaft is out of a 75 Nova with a 250 6cyl.Was the perfect length!BUT,it is only 2 1/2" diameter AND is a little over 57" long :shock: I wonder if the shaft is just not keeping up?How much weight/power does it take to make a d-shaft "jumprope"?Thanks for the help and keep the ideas coming,I gotta get my hotrod goin'!!