View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 08:31 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

HaHa,qtrmile2,

Hey Zip, Now I'm close to your age. .

Man i'm older than top soil, soon the be older than dirt. I've seen your picture and saw you on TV, you're not that close.

My only salvation is that i'm still racing and enjoying it @ 71. Chris Karmisenes (misspelled) is still doing it at 81. I hope i can also. I knew Chris back in the 60's and used to buy his used slicks. My car was only a BG/S car and only ran 10.30's. But back to the 4 lane racing. at least one accident can be attributed to the 4 lane deal and that being the Robert Heith crash, had this happened on a 2 lane race he would have shut it down, but since he couldn't see the other 2 lanes he tried to stay in it. It could have been a lot worse than it was.
Also there was a lot of unexplained DQ's
Example the cars once prestaged they had .007 to roll in or get timmed out, what happened if someone went in and lite both bulbs by accident, does everyone get timmed out if they don't stage in .007 seconds. We've all done this by mistake or on purpose to rattle the guy in the the lane. I do it all the time to shake up the compatition, it's not illegal.

Just That, It sucked in my opinion, and yes i heard that they did raise the gate entry fee for the spectators.

Zip.

Zip.