View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 07:22 AM
jclow
SHOW GUEST

Default Liquidating 383 - Advice Needed

So I need some advice from those of you in the know...

In '00-01, I had a 383 stroker built for me by Frank Beck and Beck Racing Engines in Phoenix, AZ. At that time, I intended to put the motor in a project vette I was going to use for open road races. Due to an unrelated business failure, the motor was never installed. In fact, it is still in the same crate that Beck shipped it to me in. Also due to the same unrelated business failure, IRS and my accountant have every shred of paperwork related to this motor.
Repeated attempts to locate the missing receipt and specs have come up unsuccessful. :cry:

However, I can, upon legitimate request, verify approximate amount invested and approximate engine dyno results. I have a little over $20k invested in the motor. It dyno'd at around 550hp naturally aspirated and mid 600hp with NOS.

Does anyone have an idea what I might expect to get for this motor at sale? I had someone tell me to put it on Ebay with no reserve but just can't stomach the thought of it selling for $1k. What are your thoughts on method of sale? Any help/advice would be very greatly appreciated!!!