Thread: NHRA LICENSE
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 05:07 AM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

I'm not sure what part of Indiana you're in but I think you would part of Div 3. Here's a link to their website.
http://www.nhradiv3.com/
To the left is contact info including a phone number. Joan always answers the phone and she's very helpful with the licensing stuff. At the top of that page there is a button for forms. You will need to download and print the physical & license forms. You have to have the physical completed before you make your test runs. The license runs will have to be made at a NHRA track and will have to be signed by the track manager and 2 licensed drivers. I think you have to make a half-pass, 3 moderate runs and 2 full passes in that order. I'm pretty sure the car you license in will have to pass tech but it doesn't have to be your car. I think the license will cost $100.00 for 2 years and you have to have a NHRA membership which I think is another 80 bucks a year. There should be a NHRA chassis cert guy somewhere near you that should be able to tell you what your car will need to certify. The division 3 office should be able to tell you who is closest to you. Sometimes tracks will have a certain day of the year when the NHRA guy will be at the track for chassis certification. That's usually near the beginning of the race season. They will come to your place to inspect your car but there is an extra travel charge for that.