Old 01-22-2008, 11:36 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: other side of the tirekicker Scene. U never Know ?

Originally Posted by bjuice
On the Flip side..i saw a 67 camaro this past week on RJ classifieds..reasonably close to me,,price was in my range for what it was..( i am a camaro freak !)...all i ask from the guy was a few pics of the motor compartment and interior and provided him with my private e-mail......this has been 4/5 days ago still no pics,,no message that he even got my message...saw the camaro reposted last night...same price,same everything...

all i can say is this....his car might have been sold today if he would have taken the time to send the pics or at least sent me a message back AS I ASK HIM TO DO...

Morale of the story is ..you never Know who your dealing with..could be a deadbeat..could be a legit buyer with a POCKET FULL OF CASH..in this mans case i happened to have enough CASH to buy his car and would have bought it if i liked what i saw...

..if your not prepared to deal with a host of potential buyers ( which includes tire kickers) then do not bother posting your ad...cause you just never know who is INQUIRING on the other end....

I am laughing to myself...didn't hurt my feeling to keep the money in my pocket..the Vette is hungry !....lol

Brian
I agree...you never know.
My first car was a 1972 Chevelle. Me and a friend built it when we were teenagers.(I will soon be 34) Well it still sits at my parent's house in my father's garage. It still runs like a charm (mid 12's with a very mild 400 smblk) too...but I never drive it. Have not plated it since 1999. I love that car and always said I would never sell it...but as we all know cash talks.
Awhile back a friend of mine from high school bought a house next door to my parents. I had the car sitting outside while I was doing some work in the garage. My friend stopped by and asked if I would consider selling the Chevelle...I said "Naa..I can't sell that thing.....it was my first car" he said "Okay...just thought I would ask." and then he left.

If I had a nickel for every time somebody stopped and asked if I would sell it I'd be rich..and most think they could buy it for nothing if you did sell it....so needless to say I didn't really take him seriously.

About a week later I was over there to visit my parents and I look over and see a 1971 Chevelle that looked nice..(.but not as nice as mine :wink: ) The guy came outside so I walked over to check it out...he smiled and said "You didn't think I was serious, did ya?"
well I found out he paid almost 9 grand for it cash and like I said mine is in better shape and is better ( I guess I am biased...lol) 9 grand would sure come in handy right now...

so yeah I agree with bjuice..ya never know who is serious and who isn't