View Single Post
Old 10-16-2015, 04:25 AM
fast_denny
SHOW GUEST

I was contacted by a man using the name Anthony Deal at the end of September inquiring about my Boninfante pedal clutch. It took about two texts to realize that this was a scam. Didn't ask any questions about the clutch, etc. He said he would send me a check. The area code of his phone was in my area, so I told him to just come to my shop or I would deliver it. He insisted on having his "shipper" pick it up. He eventually sent me a check for $1400 more than the clutch and I was supposed to give the balance to his shipper. His area code was in Ohio, the check was from a company in New York and he mailed it from Texas. My bank manager called the company in NY and they said they have had numerous calls like this and it was not a good check. Yesterday I received a check from a Texas area code about the zoomies I have advertised. He was smart enough to ask a few questions, but then started the same stuff about sending me his bank check and his "mover" would pick it up. I told him I only take US postal money orders and ship UPS. No reply. Racing Junk is a great site, but now the Craig's List predators seem to have found it.