Old 07-28-2009, 09:14 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by superstreet2055
Originally Posted by Scorpion1110
Originally Posted by superstreet2055
Originally Posted by Scorpion1110
Alice and Michael Sleeth- Again

Do a forum search and prepare to read for a while- I have posted on them a couple times.

They are members of the RJ Scammer Forum Hall of Fame.

Sounds like your transaction was Ebay- and they will give you NO protection-trust me on that. Your only choice is probably litigation in local courts as the issue is not that a product wasnt sent-but that it was not as described.

Honestly, it wont be worth your time or money to sue, so unless its principle and you are dedicated write it off.

Scorp
I should have known better. You're right, it was an EBay deal. I just wanted the folks here to be aware of the scam.

The curious thing to me is how they had such a long string of positive feedback on EBay. Is there some way that can be corrupted?
Check the items that are positive. Are they things like cheap glassware, trading cards, cheap stuff like that, that allows them to sell cheap, place in an envelope cheap and get the positive feedback so they can scam people like yourself on the big dollar stuff.

Now heres the Deal- The Sleeths were arrested and they are I believe in the Illinios area-so if you were really inclined-you might find the article informing of their arrest (was it decatur Illinois?). Find the arresting office and tell him what happened and that they have a new spin on their scam. I think Tom (Topsportsman1) posted the link months ago to the article on their arrest.

Might be like placing a big tack on Michael and Alice's chair.

Thats what I would do.

But its all about how far you are willing to go.

Up for the challenge?

Scorp
Great suggestion. I do have an address for them in Decatur, but I think it's a drop box at a Mail Boxes Etc. or something like that. Anyway, I can contact the Decatur PD and see if anyone there can help.
Just an FYI-She's on Reunion.com. (Yup old Alice Sleeth) Even the Scammers can't stay away from the Social networking sites- Might grab all sorts of info there.

The Scammers typically put the "S" in stupid, so they can be easy to break if you are dedicated.

Scorp