View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 05:47 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Drivers side rear fender opening. This had bubbled the paint up pretty bad and was the reason for a repaint in the first place.Not a surprise

PART_1329619081860 by Shiny Ribs, on Flickr

This was a surprise. Apparently the car has been hit on the pass. side pretty hard. The quarter has been replaced on this side,there is about 15 holes in the door jamb where they pulled it back out and the door had been replaced with one off of a blue car :shock: Didn't see that one coming. The panel fitment on this car was very good. It's very strange.You can easily tell the pass. side quarter and door are not original,but when you strip the layers off of the quarter they match the rest of the car perfectly. Some for the paint on the door,even though looking from the inside you can tell it came off of a blue car. It almost looks like it may have been damaged in shipping and repaired when new.???Who knows.All of the car has the same paint layers:black,primer,black,primer red(factory),primer and then sheetmetal.BUT,the title says it is supposed to be white and when I pulled the heater box off to install the a/c unit the firewall was white underneath.But everywhere else is red.I don't get it.Some of the black topcoat on the car now is single stage and some of it is base/clear.This is the biggest mutt of a paint job you will ever see.But it looked good! I was getting thumbs up's on the way to drop it off at the body shop

PART_1329619129550 by Shiny Ribs, on Flickr :lol: