Thread: E-85?
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 10:49 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: e

Originally Posted by bbchevy
Hey Zip,
The ONLY Reason that i will Try the Corn?Is that US41 Dragway has Developed a Pro E-85 Class ,it will be alot like a Q/16 Door car deal,-GREAT PAYBACK-They want the Cars to resemble a Car that you Might see on the Street,NO FULL TUBE CARS,Have to have E-85 in the Tank,can RUN any type of Power Adder you Want,And Heres the BEST Part?
8.90 Index
So Realy WHO Gives a Flying F K What Power adder you Run,Go Faster than 8.90 and GO HOME!
Mostly cars like Mine,over 3000 lbs,Fairly Stock int.2 Seats,NO DECALS or Lettering!!!
Maybe by the Aug.22 race?Just Got Home with a Converter,so ill get the Car ready and run it on Gas or Alcohol this weekend and then do the Switch?
Later
G 8)
Gottya, my Malibu was once a heavy street car, any motor, but stock front suspension, 2 seats, 3000lbs plus. Heck it's even got rollup windows, all original glass, and all the instruments, including AC controls, full carpet,etc. HEHE took the radio out (dam noisey headers) Like i said in my previous post, i know nothing about the E85, but the burn ratio of alcohol to gas is roughly 1.66 to 1 and if you know the ratio of E85 it should be pretty easy to hit the right tuneup on nozzles and jetting (return pills) I'd be courious to know if you find out the burn ratio, or when you get it changed over to the E85. I was running a supercharged sm/blk over 40 yrs. ago, but i'm still learning at age 70, and still driving and racing. I used to buy Cris the Greek used slicks 45yrs. ago when i lived in Chgo. and was running a blown car. intrestingly enough, he has qualifed at 2 or 3 events already this yr. in TF and admiting to be atleast 80 yrs. old. Definately one of my heros, as is Austin Coil, i used to race against him when he ran the Chgo. land Dodge car of Mr Norms. Intresting what life holds for a person, they're now million aires and i'm broke, they chose to race i chose to have a family and a bunch of kids. I'm not jealous, just broke.

Zip.