Thread: Wilwood Brakes
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 07:10 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Default Wilwood Brakes

Ok I started converting my car to Wilwood discs with the 4 piston calipers back in the spring before that big flood...and I am just now getting back to working on it. Well I got it all finished up this weekend and man oh man do those things drag a bunch....question is is that normal? I have spent a great deal of time making sure the calipers are mounted square to the rotor and centered. I have a disc drumb MC made for that year of Nova...3/16 line to -3 ss hoses....They spin free as a bird with the pistons squeezed back but as soon as you hit the brakes the first time there is alkl kinds of pedal and the brakes do release but they do not spin too free. I can turn them but they don't spin. Now, with the wheel and tire on they will spin some but not much. I thought maybe the pushrod was too long for the MC but I unbolted MC from firewall and it is no different. Do all these wilwood calipers drag quite a bit or do I have something wrong?

Another odd thing....if I take the lid off the MC and pump the pedal...I get a fountain of fluid when I push the pedal but not when it returns...that seems backwards to me. I also Have the fronts hooked to the big resevoir in front and the rears to the smallest in back...factory distribution block is gone and I have an adjustable prop valve to the rear only. Fronts hook direct with onl6y the line lock between the MC and calipers.