View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 02:44 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

We also have to be accoutable for our actions. Laws are not hidden until we do them. They're in black and white, on paper for all to see. A society without rules is a society in chaos. There's not any laws that haven't had adverse repercussions to some that may not deserve the full penality of a law. But ignorance of the law shouldn't be an exception. I personally don't believe that a dui without hurting someone should be a felony. But our country was built on these laws. Congress to make laws, Judicial system to interpret them, and Police to enforce them. There is no system that is perfect and I haven't found one better than ours. But there is a way to change it, to bad its not on forums, its getting invovled in the system, voting and educating people starting with your children. If you can't convince them how would you think you could convince anyone else. As long as we stand outside looking in things will change right in front of us without our input or opinion. I ran for NM house of representative and lost by 600 votes. It wasn't even that I wanted to be in politics but I had to do something and so should you. The times of our nation going where we would like it to while we sit in the back seat is over. I have a hard time understanding why someone would feel strong enough to constantly complain but not do the things it might take to make a change. Whether Barrack is worth a sh*t or not his followers organized, planned, worked together, and got him elected. And guess what, a high percentage of these followers aren't educated, but they applied themselves. But as long as the educated continue as couch potatoes, this is what we will have.