Old 12-30-2008, 08:44 PM
Murff
MASTER BUILDER

Sorry guys, haven't been up here on RJ all that much lately. Thank you for all of your good wishes.

Jake made it home safe and sound on 12/23. His wife had to work that day so I got to pick him up at the airport and had 'exclusive' rights to him for most of the day. One of the best Christmas gifts I ever recieved. Added bonus, he is now stationed at Fort Lewis which is about 25 miles from here. He truly is home. And in case I didn't mention here before, he was a busy little soldier when he was home on his last leave: I'm gonna be a Grandpappy!

I also have a nephew that was in Iraq on his 3rd tour, up until about a month ago. He is stationed at Fort Drum (10th Mountain), and he and his wife drove out to Seattle to spend the holidays with the family. This past Friday night was party night, with both my Son Jake and my nephew Jason there, with their wives, children and children to be. Me and Jason's Dad were a couple of proud pappy's, let me tell ya.

Our two soldiers, home from their respective watches for a well deserved rest. Pretty heady stuff. Was tuff tryin' to not get all weepy.

Thanks again for all of your thoughts. Drag racers are the best, and thanks to the wackywackyweb it's the largest 'small' community of brothers around.

Oh, and F.F.C. is Fat Freddy's Cat, one of the coolest cats ever

Murff

Peace, Love & Groovy Vibes