View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 04:55 PM
bemason
SHOW GUEST

Default I just can't afford to get it DONE

Most all of you Guys & Gals have either owned or wanted to own a Hotrod . I am 60 and been fortunate to own several over the last 45 years . I gave all up starting around 1978 . I had 3 children by then and priorities changed . I gave everything I had to those 3 kids and by 1984 we had 5 children . We raised our kids with only my income as we wanted my wife to raise them . I cannot count the hours of overtime and side jobs I did and I would do it all again . I left behind an obsession that as you know never leaves your blood . Finally in 2005 I bout a 1965 Belair post car . I have put hours of work on this car , including frame off , built the 489 with T400 and hours and hours of straightening the Texas body . I became disabled in 2004 and our finances are very tight these days . My Belair has set in my basement garage for over 2 years now waiting for finishing touches . Seat covers , door panels , carpet , windshield and exhaust the main things left to do . For over 2 years I have again turned my priorities . only this time medicines for my wife and I , 11 Grandkids , still have a mortgage and lots of other things to pay and I just cannot save the money to finish . But I will not sell untill I have taken it on a maiden voyage and cruise for some time in it or I die . Do any of you know what it is like to go thru this