View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 02:27 PM
altune
MASTER BUILDER

Default beware of Maximum racing engines!

Want to make sure that this gets around.
I purchased some very expensive heads and intake lifters etc from Joe at maximum racing engines.
He sold them to me with the flow numbers being somewhere in the 340's on the intake at .700 got them flowed last week at self, they flowed a mighty 318cfm at .700
Also sold me the head with them cut down to 62 cc chambers. He strangely cut into the seats of the valves so that they would not seal properly. Also the setup included intake and exhaust gaskets, pushrods etc. It did not come with any.
finnaly, when getting the valves seats redone and started the engine, the valve springs ate in to he heads pretty good as they had no spring cups.
Also , the springs ate into the intake ports the seat area was so thin.
He told me that He was not responsible for any of the problems, As "they were not his heads" and I should of paid to have them inspected by him before the purchase. Well Joe, If you did not know that you cut thru the seats of the valves when you did the resurface, I'm not sure if you could of done any better figuring out what would be wrong with the heads.
I sent them to a pro shop Self Racing and paid upwards of $1,500 to have them repaired and reported to get the numbers I originally paid $4,400 for.
Bad deal Joe, your not an upstanding guy.
you will not survive in any business doing this crap.
Al Kilgore