View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 02:04 PM
turbinetom
APPRENTICE

Fellas,
Turbinetom here to post a follow up that should be closure in my dealings with Robert Ames AKA Bad548nova.
Today, to his credit Robert Paypal'd $125.00 for the Gen 6 Jesel cover I sent him on August the 19th (in a pre-paid box with pre-paid return label for his Gen 4). As mentioned I never received the Gen 4 as Robert explained he subcontracted his responsibility to his wife who MAILED the cover. Well the post office lost the "phantom" cover and after many stories about mailed checks and offerring to return the Gen 6 cover, I was forced to accept a "take or leave it" offer for a cover that is virtually impossible to find independant of a complete Jesel system. So, I basically was dictated a selling price for my property, and waited WAY TOO long for payment.
At this point I'm satisfied that at least I reduced my cost of a new Gen 4 cover from Jesel.
Point at hand...ROBERT... when you do business over the net..be PRO-ACTIVE, not RE-ACTIVE and stick to the deal. If you'd UPS'd your cover all this would have been avoided. Also, don't keep people hanging on, you got a smokin deal regardless (Gen 6 cover is $509.00 from Jesel).
Subcontracting a responsibilty does not relieve you of YOUR responsibilty!!
And guys, lastly, Robert is a busy, busy guy...he's a Proctologist. I know this because I have countless email from him about wanting to stick things in my ass.....apparrently all this is my fault because I did the right thing, but bugged him too much about the deal...
Well..deal is done, certianly the worst experience I've had with on line dealings.. be careful out there!
Regards,
Tom Timmermann
Danville IN
PS I credit this forum and yellowbullet for finally receiving some satisfaction.