View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 03:52 AM
TheEngineer
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by zipper06
Actually Warren, i was planning to convert to the front distributor drive and run a std. MSD unit, no crank trigger with a 1050 or 1150 carb on a wilson manifold if i could get one. I figured it would cost me about $12,000.00 to get it together plus the headers. I don't know what heads though. To do this i would have to sell my 48 Anglia in progress. I've got a 1998 Sonoma shortbed stepside, prostreet truck that i would put it in, it's already setup for a LS motor and has a narrowed 9" plus a roll cage.
There's a guy that runs at Hattisburg Ms. with atube car and uses stock LS1 blocks with a 250shot of nitrous, he don't care if he blows them up he just goes and get another short blk for about $500.00 or less and goes back to the track. He runs consistent 5.50's with his setup. He does have a a good cam and solid roller setuo.

Zip.
My goal is to run N/A (no juice) solid 5.50s or a little quicker with my tube cassis car. With the current 427 SBC it will run 5.70s in good air and I typically foot-brake it in the No-E bracket class. However, they also have these Index Classes around here (Texas and Oklahoma) that are; 7.0, 6.20 and 5.50. I bet I could easly run that 5.50 index with a solid-roller, high-compression LSX 454 engine! :mrgreen:

http://www.okthunder.com/

Warren